Is Palmitoylethanolamide (pea ) is a myth?
Palmitoylethanolamide, commonly known as (PEA), is an amide compound found in the egg yolk, peanuts, and human beings. It is a naturally occurring fatty compound that is formed in a person’s body. Its popularity has been rising since 1950 when the drug was first discovered. Earlier it was only known for its therapeutic properties. Still, now after much research and discoveries, its interest and uses have grown manifold. The palmitoylethanolamide（pea) the compound is not a myth. It is one of the most important natural fatty molecules that are present in our body.
Benefits of Palmitoylethanolamide（pea）
- Lou Gehrig’s disease, also known as ALS, was a disease whose cure was not known for many years but was found PEA has a component that helps cure the disease. If taken with riluzole, it can drastically reduce the effects of the disease.
- The Superdrug also helps in curing carpal tunnel syndrome. This disease affects the hand of a person in which tingling and numbness remain persistent in the patient. In a research paper in 2017, it was shown PEA could help in dressing the effects of the compressive syndrome, including carpal tunnel syndrome.
- One of the major diseases which has created havoc in the world is glaucoma. It was seen that taking PEA in the correct dosage can help terminate glaucoma.
- PEA also helps in nerve pain and also serve the purpose of a post-surgery analgesic
- It also cures systems such as headache, depression, autism, kidney disease, vulvar pain.
- Lastly, research has also shown that PEA has some effect on weight loss also.
Is PEA safe?
The palmitoylethanolamide（pea）is naturally occurring compound, so its amount is easily tolerated by one’s body and easily monitored. But still taking large can harm the body also. Therefore, it is advised to only 400mg a day for its best effect.
So in final thoughts, PEA is a fabulous drug with multiple usages, and one easily gets it online or offline depending on the patient’s choice. But one still needs to monitor the dosage will taking the drug to see its full potential.